POISON BAIT MUZZLES WITH FOOD PROTECTION CUSTOM MADE
// Individual custom made poison bait muzzle with feeding protection / feeding brake
The coexistence of the dog and the owner consists in a large part of the fact that one wonders what the other is eating.
This statement, which circulates on various social media channels as a funny saying, can quickly become bitterly serious – if the dog catches something that he shouldn’t eat. With the custom muzzle with food protection for dogs from Limuzz you avoid this situation and protect your darling from dangerous poison baits.
No matter how disciplined the dog may be, if a sausage or a cracker is lying on the side of the road, it will also be difficult for him to control himself. Poison bait, pieces of sausage prepared with razor blades or nails, poisonous foods or just horse mantle from a horse treated with antibiotics, all this can be dangerous for our darling.
// Anti poison bait muzzle orTraining? Preferably both!
An anti-poison bait training is advisable for every dog, because in this way he learns to indicate what has been found and not to eat immediately. With a lot of discipline and training you can certainly also educate a small vacuum cleaner. But you never have a 100% guarantee – so why not also use a muzzle as a food protection?
Especially in areas where you get poison bait warnings more often or in cities where a lot of things are lying on the ground, an anti fress muzzle can save the dog and the owner a lot of nerves and veterinary costs .
The ultimate protection against poison baits of all kinds is provided by a muzzle. This must be closed in the area of the mouth. This means that the dog must not be able to stretch out his tongue to feed. In addition, it must be comfortable and must not restrict your darling, but he should be able to smile and sniff normally. With a muzzle, the dog has no chance to eat poison bait and is not restricted in its freedom of movement.
A Limuzz muzzle meets all these characteristics, is also very light, is precisely adapted to your dog’s muzzle and offers maximum safety – in the city and on the land!
// Poison bait
Poison bait is a problem all dog owners have heard of. Again and again one hears, reads and sees in newspapers, or on social media that in the area in which one is with its dog on the way, poisoned baits were found.
Even if it is completely incomprehensible why people try to poison dogs on purpose, often only self-protection helps here. Or the protection of your own dog.
Here is the most important information you need to know about poison bait.
// What does poison bait look like.
Poison baits are inconspicuous treats scattered or laid out by the wayside that dogs like.
Prepared sausage, meat or cheese pieces.
Often sausage and pieces of meat are spiked with nails or razor blades. If the dog then sniffs them out and is delighted with a found snack, serious injuries occur in the animal’s mouth and throat. Deep cuts are made in the dog’s body.
Birch sugar cookies
One of the most inconspicuous types of poison bait are “dog cookies” prepared with birch sugar. The problem is that these little cookies are almost invisible when they are scattered along the roadside. Birch sugar is an increasingly popular sweetener in human nutrition recently. However, birch sugar/xylitol is already highly toxic to dogs in very small doses. Xylith is the chemical name of the sweetener. It causes life-threatening liver damage in dogs. Even if the dog survives the poisoning, it will likely be dependent on medications that support liver function for the rest of its life.
Rat poison, as the name suggests, is intended to poison rats and mice. However, the poison is also used as poison bait against dogs. The attractants that make the poison attractive to rodents also attract dogs. Poisoning with rat poison often occurs unintentionally. For example, if the neighbor puts rat poison in his burr to get rid of uninvited rodents. the dog either eats the poison, during a control round through the neighbor’s garden, or finds the rats or mice that have died from the poison.
Poisons and pesticides used in agriculture
Common poisonings are from contact poisons used in agriculture. After the use of pesticides, the dog may come into contact with the sprayed plants when running free and then ingest the poison by licking its muzzle or fur. Unfortunately, the use of pesticides does not have to be labeled at the edge of the field. So it is impossible to see if the farmer sprayed in the morning and the poison still hangs on the plants.
// What to do in case of contact with poison baits.
VETERINARIAN – IMMEDIATELY !!!
If your dog has come into contact with poison bait there is only one thing to do. As soon as possible to the vet. If you can secure a lure, be sure to take it with you. The veterinarian can thus quickly identify what it is and begin targeted therapy for your dog.
IMPORTANT!!! – In case of symptoms of poisoning immediately to the vet!!!!
// How do I recognize poison bait poisoning?
If your dog shows the following symptoms after the walk, you have to react quickly.
+ Vomiting is a common first symptom of poisoning.
+ Excessive panting,
+ increased white saliva,
+ pale mucous membranes,
+ altered pupils and
+ a general apathy
// How to protect the dog from poison bait?
The most effective protection is a muzzle with feeding protection.
This makes it impossible or very difficult for the dog to pick up food that the finds. Even if the dog tries to eat a bait from the ground, you have enough time to act against it and intervene.
// What to do if I find poison bait?
Putting out poison bait is a crime and will be prosecuted. If you find poison bait, report it to the police immediately. The latter will start the investigation and hopefully find the perpetrator. In any case, however, a warning message is sent from the official side and other dog owners are warned and can pay attention.
// Training, training, training.
You can serve dog with a lot of effort to ingest food that you have not allowed. How well that works depends on your consistency. And there is no 100% security with this method, unfortunately. Sometimes something is just way too delicious not to eat it.